остановка мышления

Автор bagira, 18:28 09 марта 2008

« назад - далее »

bagira

здравствуйте, обращаюсь к вам за помощью с вопросом об остановке мышления, хотелось бы узнать ваше мнение по данному вопросу т.к. у меня нет чёткого понимания как к этому можно придти и как данные практики сочетаются с мирской жизнью. заранее благодарна.

Ассаджи

Здравствуйте!

Цитата: bagira от 18:28 09 марта 2008
здравствуйте, обращаюсь к вам за помощью с вопросом об остановке мышления, хотелось бы узнать ваше мнение по данному вопросу т.к. у меня нет чёткого понимания как к этому можно придти и как данные практики сочетаются с мирской жизнью.

По ходу практики отбрасывается много ненужных занятий.
Сначала отказываешься от причинения ненужных страданий другим людям своими словами и поступками.
Потом замечаешь, что и в уме происходит много лишнего.

По привычке отождествляешься с этой умственной суетой. Но затем понемногу это метание становится видно как спектакль, происходящий на фоне чего-то более глубокого, - чувств, распознавания, сознания.

И когда опираешься на более глубокие процессы, больше не нуждаешься в обязательной опоре на мышление для бытия. Появляется возможность останавливать непроизвольное мышление.

Мышление - как третье колесо велосипеда, без которого тоже можно ехать, при наличии определенных навыков.

Остановка мышления бывает и в других состояниях, но они скорее напоминают лежачий велосипед.

Потом открывается возможность отказаться и от других процессов, как бы ехать на одном колесе.

Эти состояния все большего упрощения жизни называются "джханами".

Как к этому можно придти?

Прежде всего, нужна чистая совесть. Это достигается совершенствованием поступков.

Потом учишься поддерживать ум в оптимальном состоянии по нескольким показателям.

Такого рода показатели хорошо прописаны в Патисамбхидамагге:

- пара цепляние за прошлое <-> предвкушение будущего;

- пара перенапряжение <-> вялость;

- пара алчность <-> злость (влечение <-> недовольство) (проявляющиеся в отношении к опоре сосредоточения).

(i)        By avoiding consciousness which runs after the past (breaths) and is attacked by distraction, (consciousness) is concentrated in one place.

(ii)       By avoiding consciousness which looks forward to the future (breaths) and is attacked by wavering, (consciousness) is fixed (there).

(iii)      By exerting slack consciousness attacked by indolence, one abandons indolence.

(iv)      By restraining over-exerted consciousness attacked by agitation, one abandons agitation.

(v)       By being clearly comprehending about consciousness which is attracted and attacked by greed, one abandons greed.

(vi)      By being clearly comprehending about consciousness which is discontented and attacked by ill will, one abandons ill will.

http://bps.lk/bp_library/bp502s/bp502_part3.html#_Toc166300489

Дальше есть и другие тонкости, но такого рода работа с "увиливаниями" ума - это основа.

Разные учителя подчеркивают несколько разные аспекты, например:

Тханиссаро Бхиккху

http://dhamma.ru/lib/authors/thanissaro/guided.htm
http://dhamma.ru/lib/authors/thanissaro/depercep.htm

Ли Брейсингтон

http://dhamma.ru/lib/authors/brasington/jhana3.htm

В наше время встречаются разные мнения по поводу того, что из себя представляют джханы на практике:

http://leighb.com/jhanantp.htm

Как данные практики сочетаются с мирской жизнью?

Грамотная практика замечательно сочетается, а безграмотная - плохо.

bagira

ОГРОМНОЕ СПАСИБО ЗА ПРОЯВЛЕННОЕ СОСТРАДАНИЕ И ДОБРОТУ, ВСЕХ БЛАГ И УСПЕШНОЙ ПРАКТИКИ

Ассаджи

Хорошее описание "остановки мышления" дает Род Бакнелл:

In this way I found the answer to a question I had asked myself during the vipassana course: What is responsible for the remarkable subjective effects often experienced after a successful session of concentration practice? What causes the heightened sensory perception, the feeling of newness in everything, the sense of living in an eternal present? I now saw it clearly. These subjective effects come about when, by some means, such as perfecting concentration or becoming absorbed in the beauties of nature, the usual flow of mental imagery and verbalizing is halted, thus eliminating interference with incoming sensations. Normally the stream of thought flows on almost incessantly, like an endless, tiresome television program. Day and night -- except, presumably, in deep sleep -- sequences of images run on, one after the other, and the inner voice chatters away. This constant mental activity interferes seriously with perception. We see objects through an ever-changing veil of images, and hear sounds above the constant mental chatter. But we are unaware of this because it has always been so. When, through some means, the imagery and verbalizing are stopped, perception is altered. Colours and shapes, seen directly without the imagery, appear remarkably vivid. Sounds heard without interference from the inner voice are heard with great clarity. Objects which under normal circumstances would evoke associated images (the memories of previous experiences with similar objects), or comments by the inner voice, are now seen simply as they are, without reference to previous experience. This produces the sense of newness in everything. Without the repeatedly flashing images and the constantly droning inner monologue, one is deprived of an important in-built mental reference for judging temporal duration. Consequently one's other experiences become timeless; one seems to live in an eternal present moment.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/9280/bucknell.htm

Роджер Уолш:

With continued practice the speed, power, loudness, and continuity of these thoughts and fantasies began to slowly diminish, leaving subtle sensations of greater peace and quiet. After a period of about four or five months there occurred episodes in which I would open my eyes at the end of meditation and look at the outside world without the presence of concomitant internal dialogue. This state would be rapidly terminated by a rising sense of anxiety and anomie accompanied by the thought, "I don't know what anything means." I could be looking at something completely familiar, such as a tree, a building, or the sky, and yet without an accompanying internal dialogue to label and categorize it, it felt totally strange and devoid of meaning. It seemed that what made something familiar and hence secure was not simply its recognition, but the actual cognitive process of matching, categorizing, and labelling it; and that once this was done, then more attention and reactivity was focused on the label and labelling process than on the stimulus itself. Thus the initial fantasy- and thought-free periods may feel both strange and distinctly unpleasant, so that we are at first punished by their unfamiliarity. We have created an unseen prison for ourselves, whose bars are comprised of thoughts and fantasies, of which we remain largely unaware unless we undertake intensive perceptual training. Moreover, if they are removed, we may be frightened by the unfamiliarity of the experience, and rapidly reinstate them.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/9280/walsh.htm