Разотождествление в практике

Автор Ассаджи, 13:38 07 февраля 2007

« назад - далее »

Ассаджи

"И далее, монах хорошо овладевает своей настройкой (нимитта) созерцания, хорошо следит за ней, хорошо созерцает ее, хорошо настраивает ее (хорошо постигает ее) с помощью распознавания (паннья).

Точно так же как один человек созерцает другого, или стоящий человек созерцает сидящего, или сидящий созерцает лежащего; так, монахи, и монах хорошо овладевает своей настройкой (нимитта) созерцания, хорошо следит за ней, хорошо созерцает ее, хорошо настраивает ее (хорошо постигает ее) с помощью распознавания (паннья). Это пятый способ развития пятифакторного благородного правильного сосредоточения."

"Puna  caparaṃ,  bhikkhave,  bhikkhuno paccavekkhaṇānimittaṃ suggahitaṃ hoti sumanasikataṃ  sūpadhāritaṃ  suppaṭividdhaṃ  paññāya.  Seyyathāpi,  bhikkhave, aññova aññaṃ  paccavekkheyya, ṭhito vā nisinnaṃ paccavekkheyya, nisinno vā nipannaṃ paccavekkheyya. Evamevaṃ  kho,  bhikkhave,  bhikkhuno paccavekkhaṇānimittaṃ suggahitaṃ hoti sumanasikataṃ sūpadhāritaṃ  suppaṭividdhaṃ  paññāya.  Ariyassa,  bhikkhave,  pañcaṅgikassa  sammāsamādhissa ayaṃ pañcamā bhāvanā.

Самадханга сутта http://dhamma.ru/canon/an5-28.htm

'Однако, медитация может предложить способ отделить себя от боли, так что хоть боль и присутствует в теле, вы не страдаете от нее.

Первое, если вы овладели техникой сосредоточения сознания на дыхании и умеете настраивать ваше дыхание так, что оно комфортно, то вы обнаружите, что можете выбирать, на какой части тела сфокусировать ваше внимание. Если хотите, можете фокусировать его на вашей боли, но на ранних стадиях медитации лучше сконцентрироваться на тех частях тела, которые чувствуют себя хорошо. Пусть боль распоряжается другой частью тела. Вы не собираетесь выселять ее, но и не собираетесь съезжаться с ней. Отнеситесь к ней как к природному феномену, как к явлению, происходящему в настоящий момент, но не обязательно происходящему с вами.

По мере того, как вы избавляетесь от ментального убранства вокруг вашей боли, включая представления о том, что это «ваша боль», и что «страдаете от боли именно вы», то обнаруживается, что вы видите лишь что-то вроде бирки «Это – боль, она находится здесь». Когда этот рубеж пройден, то происходит прорыв в вашей медитативной практике. Например, можно заметить, как эта бирка возникает и пропадает. Как только она появляется, боль усиливается, когда она пропадает, боль стихает. Тогда постарайтесь понять, что тело, боль и ваше внимание – это три различные вещи, как три веревочки, связанные одним узлом, и этот узел вы развязали. После того, как вы сможете сделать это, вы обнаружите, что нет такой боли, какую бы вы не могли перенести."

Тханиссаро Бхиккху
"Практика медитации при столкновении с болью, болезнью и смертью"
http://dhamma.ru/lib/authors/thanissaro/pain.htm

"There are these five clinging-aggregates where a monk should stay, keeping track of arising & passing away (thus): 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance. Such is feeling... Such is perception... Such are fabrications... Such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.' As he stays keeping track of arising & passing away with regard to these five clinging-aggregates, he abandons any conceit that 'I am' with regard to these five clinging-aggregates. This being the case, he discerns, 'I have abandoned any conceit that "I am" with regard to these five clinging-aggregates.' In this way he is alert there.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/mn/mn.122.than.html

"Then again, the disciple of the noble ones, having gone into the wilderness, to the root of a tree, or into an empty dwelling, considers this: 'This is empty of self or of anything pertaining to self.' Practicing & frequently abiding in this way, his mind acquires confidence in that dimension. There being full confidence, he either attains the dimension of nothingness now or else is committed to discernment. With the break-up of the body, after death, it's possible that this leading-on consciousness of his will go to the dimension of nothingness. This is declared to be the second practice conducive to the dimension of nothingness.

"Then again, the disciple of the noble ones considers this: 'I am not anyone's anything anywhere; nor is anything of mine in anyone anywhere.' Practicing & frequently abiding in this way, his mind acquires confidence in that dimension. There being full confidence, he either attains the dimension of nothingness now or else is committed to discernment. With the break-up of the body, after death, it's possible that this leading-on consciousness of his will go to the dimension of nothingness. This is declared to be the third practice conducive to the dimension of nothingness.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/mn/mn.106.than.html

Say for instance, that you're meditating, and a feeling of anger toward your mother appears. Immediately, the mind's reaction is to identify the anger as "my" anger, or to say that "I'm" angry. It then elaborates on the feeling, either working it into the story of your relationship to your mother, or to your general views about when and where anger toward one's mother can be justified. The problem with all this, from the Buddha's perspective, is that these stories and views entail a lot of suffering. The more you get involved in them, the more you get distracted from seeing the actual cause of the suffering: the labels of "I" and "mine" that set the whole process in motion. As a result, you can't find the way to unravel that cause and bring the suffering to an end.

If, however, you can adopt the emptiness mode — by not acting on or reacting to the anger, but simply watching it as a series of events, in and of themselves — you can see that the anger is empty of anything worth identifying with or possessing. As you master the emptiness mode more consistently, you see that this truth holds not only for such gross emotions as anger, but also for even the most subtle events in the realm of experience. This is the sense in which all things are empty. When you see this, you realize that labels of "I" and "mine" are inappropriate, unnecessary, and cause nothing but stress and pain. You can then drop them. When you drop them totally, you discover a mode of experience that lies deeper still, one that's totally free.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/thanissaro/emptiness.html

However, as meditation refines your sensitivity, you begin to notice the subtle levels of affliction and disturbance that I-making and my-making can create in the mind. They can get you attached to a state of calm, so that you resent any intrusions on "my" calm. They can get you attached to your insights, so that you develop pride around "my" insights. This can block further progress, for the sense of "I" and "mine" can blind you to the subtle stress on which the calm and insights are based. If you've had training in following the Rahula instructions, though, you'll come to appreciate the advantages of learning to see even the calm and the insights as empty of self or anything pertaining to self. That is the essence of this second type of emptiness. When you remove labels of "I" or "mine" even from your own insights and mental states, how do you see them? Simply as instances of stress arising and passing away — disturbance arising and passing away — with nothing else added or taken away. As you pursue this mode of perception, you're adopting the first form of emptiness, as an approach to meditation.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/thanissaro/integrityofemptiness.html

I'll give you a simile: Imagine you own a very valuable jewel which is so valuable that you place your trust in it so that should you fall upon hard times, it will look after you. It's so valuable that you can have it as your security. You don't trust anybody. So you have a safe inside your house and that is where you put your jewel. Now you have been working hard for a number of years and you think you deserve a holiday. So now, what to do with the jewel? Obviously you cannot take it with you on your seaside holiday. So you buy new locks for the doors to your house and you bar your windows and you alert your neighbors. You tell them about the proposed holiday and ask them to look after you house — and the safe in it. And they say they will, of course. You should be quite at ease and so you go off on your holiday.

You go to the beach, and it's wonderful. Marvelous. The palm trees are swaying in the wind, and the spot you've chosen on the beach is nice and clean. The waves are warm and it's all lovely. The first day you really enjoy yourself. But on the second day you begin to wonder; the neighbors are very nice people, but they do go and visit their children. They are not always at home, and lately there has been a rash of burglaries in the neighborhood. And on the third day you've convinced yourself that something dreadful is going to happen, and you go back home. You walk in and open the safe. Everything is all right. You go over to the neighbors and they ask, "Why did you come back? We were looking after your place. You didn't have to come back. Everything is fine."

The next year, the same thing. Again you tell the neighbors, "Now this time I am really going to stay away for a month. I need this holiday as I've been working hard." So they say, "Absolutely no need to worry, just take off. Go to the beach." So once more you bar the windows, lock the doors, get everything shipshape, and take off for the beach. Again, it's wonderful, beautiful. This time you last for five days. On the fifth day you are convinced that something dreadful must have happened. And you go home. You go home, and by golly, it has. The jewel is gone. You are in a state of complete collapse. Total desperation. Depressed. So you go to the neighbors, but they have no idea what has happened. they've been around all the time. Then you sit and consider the matter and you realize that since the jewel is gone, you might as well go back to the beach and enjoy yourself!

That jewel is self. Once it is gone, all the burden of looking after it, all the fears about it, all the barring of doors and windows and heart and mind is no longer necessary. You can just go and enjoy yourself while you're still in this body. After proper investigation, the frightening aspect of losing this thing that seemed so precious turns out to be the only relief and release from worry that there is.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/khema/bl095.html

The body appears for a certain period and then disintegrates in what we call death. As for feelings of pain, they appear a hundred times in a single day and then disappear a hundred times, a thousand times as well. What's lasting about them? This is the kind of truth they are. Get so you clearly know with discernment the truth of painful feelings as they appear. Don't retreat or let the mind wander adrift.

What is sañña labeling at the moment? Sañña is the important instigator. As soon as sankhara fashions anything — blip! — sañña latches right onto it and labels it this, labels it that — stirring things all up. When we talk about the things that create havoc, provoking this issue and that, we're referring to these characters: sankharas and saññas that label things and stamp meanings on them. 'This is us. This is ours. This is pain. It hurts right here. It hurts right there. I'm afraid of the pain. I'm afraid to die' — afraid of everything of every sort. These are the characters that fool us into fear, making the mind apprehensive, making it give up its efforts and lose. Is it good to lose? Even children playing games have a sense of shame when they lose, and try to make up their losses. As for meditators who lose out to defilement, who lose out to pain: If they don't feel embarrassed in the presence of the defilements, the pains and themselves, then they're simply too shameless.

Know that vedana, sañña, sankhara, and viññana are simply individual conditions displayed by the mind. They appear and vanish. 'Sañña anatta' — see? They too are not-self, so how can you hold to them? How can you believe them to be you, to be yours, to be true? Keep track of them so that you can know them clearly with mindfulness and discernment: audacious, undaunted, diamond-hearted, decisive in the face of defilement and pain of every sort.

Sankharas, mental formations: They form — blip, blip, blip — in the heart. The heart ripples for a moment: blip, blip, blip. The moment they arise, they vanish. So what substance or truth can you find in these saññas and sankharas?

Viññana, cognizance: As soon as anything comes into contact, this takes note and vanishes, takes note and vanishes. So ultimately, the khandhas are full of nothing but appearing and vanishing. There's nothing lasting about them that can give us any real sustenance or nourishment. There's not even the least bit of substance to them. So use your discernment to investigate until you see clearly in this way, and you will come to see the real Dhamma taught by the Buddha, which has not been otherwise from time immemorial and by the same token will never be otherwise at all.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/thai/boowa/straight.html